The Pokemon Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pokemon Community

Welcome to The PokeCommunity! Banner made by Sonic~Boom, going to be changed

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Guestbook Thread
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:27 pm by RukarioX

» Wii have a response and so do Yuu!
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:55 pm by Guest

» DS Game reviews (used with CycloDS Evolution and 2000 roms)
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:11 pm by RukarioX

» IMMEDIATE READ!!!
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:53 pm by RukarioX

» Renaming imminent - First part
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:16 pm by RukarioX

» Google Ads
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:57 pm by RukarioX

» Are we going to die or what?
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:41 pm by RukarioX

» Entei, Suicune and Raikou. How do you get them? I'll tell you how.
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:37 pm by RukarioX

» BBCode Tutorial
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:25 pm by shinyursaring

Renaming imminent - First part
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 pm by RukarioX
Yeah, I want to rename this to another name. Any ideas for the first half (.prowiiforum will change as well, that's my decision)? Yeah, we need more posters until the name is changed due to the fact that I want to make it into a domain name and we will be rid of the .prowiiforum part. Yeah, just give me ideas. thepokecommunity.forumotion.net will now be under decision for a new name.

Comments: 1
Forum Newsletter - Issue 02 - 12/01/08
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 pm by RukarioX
This is the Forum Newsletter. If you want to contribute, please PM me and to keep being on the team, donate a while.
However, you're kicked off whenever you go 2 issues without posting anything... 3 issues if you donate. Please note that only I will be able to post issues, but you can post comments Exclamation

Issues:
Like a Star @ heaven 1 Issue- 11/26/08 (page 1)
Like a Star @ heaven 1 1/2 Issue- 11/26/08 (page 2)
Like a Star @ heaven 2 Issue - 12/01/08 (page 2)
Like a Star @ heaven 3 Issue - 12/03/08 (page 2)

Team:

Always on:
RukarioX
wakefulburrito

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 40
Demotion??
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:01 pm by RukarioX
As Hiche is now inactive, he is demoted to Normal Member. We cannot have inactive mods. The space is NOT up for grabs as 3 mods is enough for 11 members.

Comments: 4
Under Construction
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:25 pm by RukarioX
Nothing is under construction

Comments: 8
Newest Addition!
Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:44 pm by RukarioX
Exclamation The Toolbox, Pokemon Platinum, News, Locked Topics, Supporters Area, and Donations have been added to the Forum. Exclamation Also, we have an upgrade to make searching this forum easier. It's compability with the Nintendo Wii is minimizing slowly.

Comments: 8
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Statistics
We have 14 registered users
The newest registered user is regulone

Our users have posted a total of 531 messages in 104 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 87 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:03 am
Top posters
wakefulburrito (216)
Odd Wii News! Vote_lcapOdd Wii News! Voting_barOdd Wii News! Vote_rcap 
shinyursaring (154)
RukarioX (141)
Lucario 9 (7)
eljefe20 (5)
Hiche (1)
zero_62 (1)

Odd Wii News!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RukarioX
Founder
Founder
RukarioX

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Every whenever, I will check around to see any good Wii news. Please check for any updates!
Back to top Go down
https://thepokecommunity.forumotion.net
RukarioX
Founder
Founder
RukarioX

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Is Wii Music a fail?

I don't hate it and would even recommend it as a gift for kids, but personally I've got better things to be playing. Maybe I'm not alone in that feeling, either. While just about all of Nintendo's other Wii-branded titles debuted to huge sales, Nintendo stated that Wii Music's first two weeks of sales in the US only moved about 66,000 copies.

Rock Band 2 Released Shortly, but little difference

Rock Band is a great game, and most agree. On December 16, 2008, Rock Band will be released in the US! However, you do not have to buy track paks and there is still no new instruments, except that they're quieter. Also, at a whooping $190, you expect more.
Also, on the fact that you can't transfer songs from Rock Band to Rock Band 2 is, unfortunately, true, except on the XBox360 and PS3 (currently unknown about PS2, as it's release date is the same), but all of the old instruments will work and, for the first time ever on any Wii music game (counting Wii Music and Guitar Hero), you can download songs!
Back to top Go down
RukarioX
Founder
Founder
RukarioX

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Worst Selling Wii game of all time!

Ever heard of Rock Revolution? It's the least popular game for Wii and it sold over 500 copies less than a Nintendo DS, which sold 666 at the time I'm writing this.
Wii has broken records that were never broken before (even to a gibberish game that was not understandable (for the DS), got taken off in 24 hours due to fake product, story in brackets made up) and sold a record of two copies. Yeah, you saw that right, TWO.

Maybe it's a coincidence between 666 copies, but the Nintendo Wii game Rock Revolution, released on November 11, 2008 in the US, only sold two copies at the time of this post. Wow, what did you know? Two...

After post funny discussion:
Quote :
Me: Yeah, all right. This isn't April Fools, you guys.
1???: We're not kidding.
Me: Come on... TWO???
Me: I know it's ****ing funny, but come on!
2???: He's serious, it's two.
1???: *laughing*
Me: So let me get this straight...
2???: Hm?
Me: This game really sold 2 copies, right?
1???: *keeping in laughs* Yep.
Me: 2...?
Me: Prove it...
2???: How can we? We got this off some site.
Me: Which one?
1???: W? g?t t??s ?ff
Me: Huh?
Me: I don't understand you.
1???: *random gibberish*
Me: O... K???
Me: All right, so I can't understand you...
2???: For god's sake, don't care about the site, you know it.
Me: OMG?
2???: No, the other one...
Me: That one? You guys are the worst...
1???: N0... Niиt3иd0 15!!!
ME: WTF are you saying? I don't understand you...
1???: *more random gibberish*
Me: Hunh?
1???: You are the great bunghole.
1???: We have only but one bunghole.
Me: What? You watched Four Swords?
1???: Stay away from my milk!
Me: ... What? You're underage...
Me: You're sofa kingdom.
(Please say the last line really fast, this is an anagram)

[Well, that was a stupid discussion...]
Back to top Go down
wakefulburrito
The Shoopdawoop Admin
The Shoopdawoop Admin
wakefulburrito

Male
Number of posts : 216
Job/hobbies : Computer Programming, Searching Random Sites, Tennis, Designing Sites, Videogames
Funny Post : I like to eat stuff!
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:36 pm

Do you mind if i post some?

Dallas News: Nintendo Must Share Blame For Poor Wii Quality

Update 4:28PM EST: The Wiire contacted The Dallas Morning News' Victor Godinez for clarification on his claim that Dead Rising Wii was "limited to a dozen or so monsters on the screen simultaneously", for which he sourced a hands-on article posted by Kotaku in late August. Thus, recent comments from Capcom Community Sr. Manager Seth Killian, who said "the TGS 'build' was mostly just a tech demo and is not the actual or final game," directly negates such claims.

Godinez' broader argument still applies, however, and raises important questions about Nintendo's role in the responsibility for poor third-party games on Wii. A question, as we can tell from the comments so far, is a hotly debatable topic.

Original Post: In a column published today, Victor Godinez of The Dallas Morning News argues that while Nintendo President Reggie Fils-Aime correctly placed blame on third-parties for their lack of quality content on the Wii in a recent Forbes interview (where he also hinted at future community features), the blame is also partly Nintendo's.

"Nintendo bears some responsibility here, as well.

The Wii is the least powerful of the three current consoles, and you simply cannot easily duplicate a high-end Xbox 360 or PS3 game on the Wii."

Godinez points to the upcoming port of Dead Rising for Wii as a prime example, saying:

"Dead Rising on the Xbox 360, for example, was fun and amazing in part because there were often hundreds of zombies on the screen at one time, each shambling toward your brain.

The Wii version under development, though, is limited to a dozen or so monsters on the screen simultaneously, and the downgrade makes the game seem kind of pointless."

This argument seems to contradict recent comments from Capcom Community Sr. Manager Seth Killian, who said "the TGS 'build' was mostly just a tech demo and is not the actual or final game," and to expect some major changes along the way prior to a Q1 2009 release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.finnianm.com
wakefulburrito
The Shoopdawoop Admin
The Shoopdawoop Admin
wakefulburrito

Male
Job/hobbies : Computer Programming, Searching Random Sites, Tennis, Designing Sites, Videogames

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:40 pm

Will the Wii bandwagon ever stop rolling?

Gamer.Blorge:

"The Nintendo Wii has so far been the success story of this generation. It's sold in its millions, it's profitable, and it appeals to a wide demographic. But will the bandwagon keep on rolling forever or is the Wii's time due to come to an end soon?

The Wii is now leading this generation of home consoles by quite a margin, despite being released a year later than the Xbox 360. And while sales of the Xbox 360 have gone up and down more often than Russell Brand's crotch, the Wii has consistently done well every month, with peaks at the time of big new releases. The PS3, meanwhile, hasn't really even got started.

But how long can this Wii bandwagon roll on for? Surely there will come a time when every casual intrigued enough by the system to be tempted to buy one has done just that? Maybe not, because Nintendo keeps adding reasons for casuals to be tempted."
Back to top Go down
wakefulburrito
The Shoopdawoop Admin
The Shoopdawoop Admin
wakefulburrito

Male

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:48 pm

lol....

Payback for Wii Fit Girl's Boyfriend

The YouTube phenomenon that is Giovanny Gutierrez's "Why every guy should buy his girlfriend a Wii Fit" continues to move its panty-clad hips, having been viewed more that 6.5 million times since being posted in late May.

The much-adored Wii Fit girl (aka Lauren Bernat) who appears in the video, claimed she was furious that her boyfriend surreptitiously taped and posted the workout, so Bernat recently brought Gutierrez on the "Tyra Banks Show" to get even.

Gutierrez took his punishment by playing some pantsless Wii on the nationally syndicated talk show, and Bernat even made her own vid of the performance. Of course, she posted it online, though we're guessing the only shot Gio's Fit frolic has of reaching 6.5 million views is if it's intercut with his girlfriend recreating the first video in the buff.

We can dream, can't we? In the meantime, keep that tape rolling, Gio.

Want to see a Playboy Bunny workout on Wii? And what about the most disappointing video game ads? Check out this gallery:
Back to top Go down
RukarioX
Founder
Founder
RukarioX

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Castlevania Judgement is a game... basically about boobs... *sigh*

I haven't had the heart to cover much of the more recent news about Castlevania. It's all just so dire, from the laughable redesigns to the poor E3 gameplay. Still, I had thoroughly underestimated just how hard Castlevania Judgment could fail. With the game out in stores now, movie clips and new information about the game's story are flooding the 'net. Most of it is the harmlessly stupid fluff you expect from a crossover dream-match fighting game, but then... then there's Maria's storyline, which is basically... basically...

*sigh*

It's basically about Maria's enthusiasm for large breasts. That is, apparently, the best plot for Maria that Konami could come up with.

How do you publish something this freaking sad and the utterly excellent Order of Ecclesia in the same franchise, in the same quarter?
Back to top Go down
wakefulburrito
The Shoopdawoop Admin
The Shoopdawoop Admin
wakefulburrito

Male

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:41 pm

lol thats hilarious. i thought they could maybe come up with something better than that
Back to top Go down
RukarioX
Founder
Founder
RukarioX

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Legacy of Y's to feature UPDATED Localization

I'm sure some of you out there scoffed when you saw a press release doing the rounds. Why spend $34.99 on Atlus's new Legacy of Ys I & II DS when you can snag the same game on Virtual Console for about $8? While Interchannel-Holon's ports of the original Falcom games do add new features, none of them individually are deal-makers.

Ah, but Atlus is adding a feature that is a deal-maker: a new localization. See, the Ys I & II on Virtual Console has a localization dating from the dark days of 1990. While the translation is not really especially bad by the standards of the time, it's still kinda...

...odd...

... yeah, you want to play Ys with the new Atlus localization. Trust me on this one.

and...

Wii Speak channel! Are you sure...?

As one of the last two announcements for their fall media summit, Nintendo has announced the Wii Speak Channel for use with the Wii microphone (pictured, from E3 2008). According to Cammy Dunaway, up to four people can chat together, and the microphones will come with a coupon to download the channel.

Of course, this leads to a plethora of other questions, such as: release date, price (if not buying with the microphone), can a USB mic be substituted, what else can we do with the channel besides speak? We're not holding our breath waiting for answers anytime soon.

Odd Wii News! Wii-speak-off-490
Back to top Go down
wakefulburrito
The Shoopdawoop Admin
The Shoopdawoop Admin
wakefulburrito

Male

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 pm

that seems cool. sounds like its gonna COST BIG BUCKS.
Back to top Go down
shinyursaring
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
shinyursaring

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Yeah, Wii accessory are xpensive!
Back to top Go down
https://thepokecommunity.forumotion.net/
wakefulburrito
The Shoopdawoop Admin
The Shoopdawoop Admin
wakefulburrito

Male

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:59 pm

i dont get why wii was so successfl early on,...
Back to top Go down
RukarioX
Founder
Founder
RukarioX

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Big news!

Sonic Unleashed = Garbage!

Sonic Unleashed is a game that kind of belongs to the Wii by default. With its DIMPS-designed daytime levels, the Wii SKU has managed a whopping... 72% average! And that's seven points ahead of the 360 SKU. Sadly, the Wii's higher score is coming from the game being shorter, which means less time spent in levels hunting down medals.

Since everyone hates this slow-paced collecting c*** in Sonic games, why does it keep showing up? I asked Sega about this at E3 and got a "well, it's for gameplay variety!" answer that sounded pretty fishy. It turns out that is, in fact, a complete and total lie. David Clayman at IGN got a real answer, and mentioned it offhand in the Three Lights Xbox 360 podcast. Indoor Heroes has a handy-dandy transcript of the comment I'm going to quote verbatim here:

"I asked one of the developers at TGS, you know I was like, come on everybody just wants Sonic running, like whats up with the werehog? And he was like, well, heres the deal... he runs at this miles per hour, kilometers per hour, and he laid out all of the statistics on how fast this hedgehog goes, and he was like In order to make a game where Sonic is running and everybody enjoys the whole thing we'd have to design this many miles of level, and it was some ungodly number. And he's like and that would be like maybe a three hour game and I was like wow, well that kinda stinks and he's like yeah, so we gotta do this other stuff."

There you go. Modern Sonic games will always suck until Sega is brave enough to release a title that is short and awesome, instead of long and hurtful.

Pre-Owned Wii Speak owners get free code!

Edge Online finally got hold of some Nintendo Customer Service reps and presented them with a series of scenarios involving a Wii Speak owner who needed a code for the Wii Speak Channel. One of them is the pre-owned scenario that's been causing much buzz on the online internets. So here's the official line on getting Wii Speak Channel access for your pre-owned Wii Speak:

[Edge Online]: I have purchased a pre-owned Wii Speak microphone from a retail outlet. It does not come with a redeemable code for the Wii Speak Channel. Can I still get the code? If not, could I pay for one?

[Nintendo]: Any consumer who requires a Wii Download Ticket after purchasing a pre-owned Wii Speak Accessory may contact their local Nintendo Customer Services department, where they can request a Wii Download Ticket for the Wii Speak Channel for free.

There you go, confirmation that even pre-owned Wii Speak owners can get free Wii Speak Channel access. Our long national nightmare is finally over.

Wii Remote can never be trademarked...

The official term for the Nintendo Wii controller is the Wii Remote, so of course Nintendo would like to trademark it. Problem: the U.S. Patent Office recently denied Nintendo's application.

The apparent problem: if the Patent Office allowed Nintendo to trademark "Wii Remote", it would give the impression that they own the term "remote", which is too general for anyone to own. A letter sent from the Patent Office to Nintendo on November 26th specifies the patent could only be granted if Nintendo specifically disclaimed any ownership of the word "remote" every time they used the trademark.

So how's all this legal junk relevant to gamers? Consider this: if Nintendo can't trademark the term "Wii Remote", then any third party who could successfully reverse engineer a clone of the controller could legally market it as a "Wii Remote". Given the sheer quantity of ridiculous peripherals Wii owners are already willing to buy, and the expense of Nintendo's own official remotes, there's probably a lot of money to made here at Nintendo's expense.

Peach in Brawl = ability to see underwear???

What can I say? This picture is the answer... This sin't inappropriate, this was in the Japanese version and they show things that we can't see.

Odd Wii News! Princess-3
Back to top Go down
RukarioX
Founder
Founder
RukarioX

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Wow, little news and then BAM!

Pokemon Platinum is revealed for US...

Here's an interesting leak. It seems Circuit City has an extremely detailed information and order page up for the North American version of Pokemon Platinum, complete with a listed release date: March 22nd. As DS Fanboy has already pointed out, that fits the usual Pokemon release schedule by putting Platinum in the US about six months after it ships in Japan. While Nintendo has yet to say anything official about Platinum in the US, the sheer amount of game-specific detail on the Circuit City page definitely gives it a certain air of authenticity. Unfortunately, Circuit City has deleted that right now.

Wii's sold out in 1 day

Remember that supply of "tens of thousands" of Wiis that Wal-Mart put on sale on December 8th? By 4 PM, the entire stock was gone, including the pricier bundles that paired up a Wii and Wii Fit. The Wii Fits are all gone, too.

In a recent Reuters interview, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata claimed that about 800,000 Wiis had sold in the United States during the Thanksgiving Holiday week. To put some perspective on this figure, consider that Nintendo moved just over 900,000 Wiis during the entire month of November in 2007.

There was plenty of speculation last year that Nintendo easily could've sold two or three times as many Wiis as they actually did, if only they had the manufacturing capacity to get them on shelves. Now that word is out on the 'net that it's easier to find Wiis in stores, are we just going to see a wave of new demand?

New My Nintendo in US!

Hey, check it out! The North American Club Nintendo website is open, and despite being a sad little page of bullet points, actually gives us a bit of new information about how the service is going to work. It looks like it'll be a lot like the European service, where registering games and taking surveys earns you points in an account that you can then redeem later for goodies. Where the European club calls these points Stars, it looks like the North American club is going to call them Coins (which makes more sense, when you think about it).

Something else interesting the new webpage points to is a feature that I haven't heard much about from the European or Japanese clubs. The page calls it a "Family Account", and encourages you to "invite family members to join". Does this mean you could register games belonging to a family member and then add the resultant Coins to your account? If so, that would be really helpful when it came to saving up for the most lavish Rewards...

Animal Crossing: City Folk is not region-free Sad

Importers beware. Australian Nintendo site Vooks has uncovered an unpleasant surprise regarding the way Animal Crossing: City Folk imports save data from Animal Crossing: Wild World. Essentially, your copy of City Folk (or Let's Go to the City) is only going to be able to recognize Wild World data from a Nintendo DS cartridge released in the same region. Now, this is usually how data importing works, but since most people think of NIntendo DS games as being region-free, a lot of folks import wanted games pretty freely... and there's reason to believe that Nintendo may have used this as an excuse for sloppy manufacturing.

European gamers didn't get a region-specific Wild World release until March 06, when the rest of the English-speaking world got it in December '05. Some seems to have gone wrong with the region-locking on Australian copies of Wild World. It seems that Australian copies of Animal Crossing: City Folk recognize Australian copies of Wild World as American copies, and then refuse to import the data. Australia got Wild World only a day after North America, so it seems likely that their copies of the game were actually American copies marketed in Australian packaging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Odd Wii News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Wii News!   Odd Wii News! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd Wii News!
Page 1 of 1